Since the beginning of this, so far, 8 week lock down, our lives and routine has changed a bit. We have not been able to go out as much, missing friends and some of our favorite take out joints. Typically our Sunday's consisted of cooking a big dinner and staying home prior to all of this. Over the last few weeks we have changed up our family routine. Each Sunday we have been heading out picking up a pizza from a different Ottawa pizza joint, driving around the city eating it and playing car games with the kids.
I owe some of the props of the pizza review to Barstool Sports and their pizza reviews prior to the quarantine and then their frozen pizza during the quarantine.
So why are we doing one and what are the requirements?
- We're going local, mainly small mom and pop pizza shops in the Ottawa area;
- We're going regular and gluten free. All these shops have to serve up not only regular za but a gluten free pie as well. Our youngest daughter is celiac so #1 requirement on this is a shop where she can eat from as well; and
- A new rating on top of the normal pizza review categories, the flaccid or stiff test. Whoa, don't go all American Pie, this is a G rated review. Is the za stiff enough hold up the toppings good enough that I can drive and eat a slice or flaccid and messy making a parking lot stop necessary to eat. :-)
What are we getting?
- 1 large regular crust with pepperoni, bacon and red onions;
- 1 medium gluten free with half cheese and the other half, pepperoni, ham and pineapple.
Disclaimer: All reviews and review categories are based out of a maximum of 5 and the first three reviews are lacking our own photos so I'll be relying on google images to provide me with a few.
Here they are, click on the name to see the full review:
- Week 1 - April 19: San Marino
- Week 2 - April 26: Toppers
- Week 3 - May 3: Willys
- Week 4 - May 10: Louis pizza Vanier - Next Week
- Week X: Send me your recommendations for the next one to try.